728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    How to Do Keyword Research for Your Niche Blog Topic

    How to Do Keyword Research for Your Niche Blog Topic


     

    Doing keyword research is not complicated at all. It’s dead simple and you don’t have to spend a dime. You can use the Google Keyword Tool. That’s what I use alongside Wordtracker’s free version. Many Internet Marketers talk about buying expensive keyword research tools but I honestly haven’t bought any.

    Keyword research is crucial to the success of your niche blog. Keyword research is instrumental to your site getting lots of traffic through the search engines. Keyword research is central to your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. Without keyword research, your site will go nowhere!
    Okay, having known the importance of keyword research, what can we say a keyword is?
    A keyword is basically any word or phrase you type into the search engines (for example, Google) when searching for a particular information. For instance, if I type ‘top web design resources’ in Google while looking for web-building applications, I can safely say my keyword for that search is ‘top web design resources.’
    To give an accurate answer, the search engine tries to match my words with the words on websites and pronto, I have answers on the first page of Google. The first link I see in the search results should be the best match for my keyword, followed by the second best, and so on and so forth. The science involved is complicated but I hope my simple analogy gives the whole concept a bit of clarity.
    The simple reason behind keyword research is: knowing what the people in the market you want to enter are typing into the search engines so that you can provide information around it to get them to your site.
    For best performance, I like targeting long tail keywords. Long tail keywords are search terms that contain 3 or more words. These search terms are specific and targeted towards the particular information the searcher wants. Long tail keywords perform well for both paid and organic search. They bring in more quality traffic and are less competitive.
    By way of example, let’s look at a long tail search for “mini laptops for $500 or more.” This will bring you better traffic than the broad phrase “mini laptops” because many people are searching for mini laptops, but not everyone wants to find mini laptops for $500 or more.
    You can be as precise as you ought to be to drive substantial traffic to your site using these longer search terms, and you’ll find that you aren’t facing a lot of competition for this kind of traffic. By incorporating long tail keywords, you are much more likely to rank higher for difficult keywords and draw more targeted traffic.
    To get long tail search terms, I use the Google AdWords Keyword Tool. Like I earlier said, I use Wordtracker’s free version but sparingly. The bulk of my keyword research is done using the Google Keyword tool.
    Each time I type in a broad term, like parenting, I get suggestions for longer tail terms, and I’m able to see the search volume and relative competition as well.
    Like I earlier said, I really don’t complicate things when doing keyword research. I use the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principle and it has been working for me. Towing this line will assist you too.

    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: How to Do Keyword Research for Your Niche Blog Topic Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Make Money
    Scroll to Top